Emotional Quotient-Inventory 2.0®
The Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 (EQ-i 2.0) measures an individual’s emotional intelligence. Science and professional feedback from the EQ-i® strengthened the direction of this second generation assessment. Now, it’s a complete experience with a new and intuitive model, customizable reports, and an online platform for easy administration.
- Generate a total EI score with five composite scores measuring distinct aspects of emotional and social functioning
- Gain a deeper understanding of how the results affect a participant’s workplace performance (conflict resolution, change management, teamwork, decision making and more) with strategies customized based on individual results
- Make instant connections between subscales and help participants leverage EI strengths and improve EI weaknesses
- Use the Well-Being Indicator to measure your client’s level of happiness; resulting in additional developmental opportunities
- Target solutions at every level with a multi-level approach to developing EI
- Reports are designed with clear instructions, interpretation guidelines and results-driven content setting you up for success
About Emotional Intelligence
As the EQ-i 2.0® measures emotional intelligence (EI), it’s important to consider what EI is, what it measures, and how is can impact people and the workplace. Emotional intelligence is defined as
“a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.”
Emotional intelligence (EI) as defined here and applied in the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0) reflects one’s overall wellbeing and ability to succeed in life.
Why is EI important?
While emotional intelligence isn’t the sole predictor of human performance and development potential, it is proven to be a key indicator in these areas. Emotional intelligence is also not a static factor — to the contrary, one’s emotional intelligence can change over time and can be developed in targeted areas.
The EQ-i 2.0 measures the interaction between a person and the environment he/she operates in. Assessing and evaluating an individual’s emotional intelligence can help establish the need for targeted development programs and measures. This, in turn, can lead to dramatic increases in the person’s performance, interaction with others, and leadership potential. The development potentials the EQ-i 2.0 identifies, along with the targeted strategies it provides, make it a highly effective employee development tool.
Recruitment & Retention
The EQ-i 2.0 is versatile in workplace environments and can be used by employers — via HR and OD consultants, psychologists, or EQ-i 2.0 certified professionals — as a screening tool in hiring, leading to the selection of emotionally intelligent, emotionally healthy, and the most-likely successful employees. Supplemented by other sources of information, such as interviews, the EQ-i 2.0 can make the recruitment and selection process more reliable and efficient. A sound recruiting process leads to higher retention rates and reduced turnover which can result in significant cost savings, improved employee effectiveness and increased morale